Tina over at Gotta Run Now nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and asked me to post 7 random non-running facts about myself. Honestly, Tina has inspired me over the past few years as I have followed her blog and watched her run many races including 15 marathons and a 50k!
Here are my facts. (A few running related ones may have slipped in, what can I say, it’s a big part of who I am!):
- When I was in second grade I was an extra in a TV movie called “A Shining Season – The John Baker Story”. I got pulled out of class for about a week to film different scenes and remember how fun and interesting it was to be a part of this film about a great man/coach/runner. Talk about an inspiration!
- We take a lot of road trips as a family (because it’s usually too expensive to fly!), and to pass the time in the car my husband loves to listen to books on tape. I, however, cannot pay attention long enough to follow an entire book through! My mind ends up wandering and when it finally returns to listen to the story, I’m completely lost!
- I have a love/hate relationship with swimming. I hate getting up, putting my suit on, going to the pool, jumping into cold water, trying to catch my breath the first few hundred meters. Then, when I’m about 75% done with my workout I starting enjoying it and occasionally will even add a few laps at the end if I have time. So by the time I’m out of the water I think “I LOVE swimming”! About an hour later that feeling is gone and I start dreading my next swim.
- I have fallen twice on my bike in the past 2 weeks…while clipped into my pedals.
- I have fallen twice while running in the past few months…fortunately I was not clipped into anything!
- I have one sister and my husband has nine siblings.
- I recently read “Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself” by Rich Roll, and I loved it. It may or may not have planted a seed…
Now, I would like to nominate Kristen at Faith and Margaritas (great name, right?!). Kristen and I connected a few months ago as fellow runners with MS. Kristen was diagnosed about a year ago and is staying healthy through diet and exercise (both are so important when you are battling an auto-immune disease). She is a sweetheart and will be running her first marathon in New York City this November. I’m so excited for her!
Don’t let me be the only one sharing! Tell me a random fact about your life in the comment section.